[moneytalks] Printing Checks with a LaserJet Printer

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:12:29 -0500

Good Morning,

    I've been using the checkbook register part of MT for several
months now, but have been putting off trying to print checks with it
since I suspect that I'll have to order new checks and I still had a
fair number of my present wallet sized ones left and have been too
cheap to get the special ones the program requires if your printer
doesn't have an envelope slot.

"If your printer does not have an envelope slot, it is very doubtful
that you will be able to make standard, wallet-sized checks go through
the printer without
hanging or jamming the printer. If your printer does not support an
envelope slot, it is suggested that you use large "voucher" checks
that have one check
on a 8 1/2 X 11 inch page such as those available from Quicken at"

www.quicken.com.

    I'd like to be able to use the program to its full potential and
was wondering if anyone knows if by any miracle my hp LaserJet 1012
printer is considered to have an envelope slot?

    I can print envelopes with it, but the envelopes are fitted in
place with what I would call arms that slide to the left and right to
allow the envelope to fit snugly.  The paper tray is located
underneath the "arms."

    I do not want to hang or damage the printer if this model
definitely is considered not to have an envelope slot, but would like
to have my tech here if there's a chance that it might be considered
to.

    Does anyone know if this model works with wallet sized checks?

    Thank you,

Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx