[moneytalks] Re: Could a Calendar be Added?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:09:59 -0500

Try reading the status bar with JAWS. The command is Insert+Page Down.
That is actually how I do it.

Rob Meredith

>>> iluvtoread@xxxxxxx 12/20/06 12:50PM >>>
Rob,

    I had forgotten about F-10 since it doesn't work well here.  Part
of my problem is that I don't like the voice that comes with the
program and have it turned off as much as I know how so I can get my
information via DEC-Talk  Access 32.  When I hit F-10 on the date,
DEC-Talk says F-10 which cuts off part of the announcement of the day
of the week which is given in the program's voice.

    I'm running JAWS 6.2 and also have 7.0 on this XP Home with SP2
machine.  It would be a big help if there was some way of stopping
JAWS from saying
F-10 and letting me hear the information in the status bar with the
DEC-Talk.

    Thanks,

Margaret

"ROB MEREDITH" wrote:

Margaret:

Not that we would be totally opposed to a calendar option, but I have
found it useful enough just to enter a dummy transaction to get the
day
of the week. I do this often, even when not related to Money Talks.
When
you are through, just delete the dummy transaction. Remember, you can
read the status bar with F10 to get the week day name for the current
transaction. If there is something else in the status bar message
area,
press the right arrow and try again.

Rob Meredith

>>> iluvtoread@xxxxxxx 12/20/06 06:41AM >>>
Good Morning,

    Is there any possibility of having a calendar utility added to the

program?

    I  frequently need to figure out what day of the week a particular

day of the month falls on and not having to load a separate calendar
program would be helpful.  For example: I pay many of my bills online
and I cannot request a weekend day for the payment to be made.  There
is a calendar provided on the bank's web site, but I imagine it's not
particularly JAWS friendly.  It would also help determining what days
of the week due dates fall on.

    Thanks,

Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx