[moneytalks] Book Reader Was Re: Re: money talks documentation

  • From: ace <ace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:15:05 -0500

Hello folks,

I wish that it were optional whether to install the book reader or not. I do not use it and prefer to remove programs from my computer that I do not use; however, every time I reinstall Money Talks, it returns.

Thanks,

--
ace
Network Administrator of

Steve Zielinski wrote:
Bud,

One of the ways to get to the docs is from the start menu, press control-escape. Up arrow to programs. When you enter that, go to Money Talks, and use the right arrow to open the pull down menu, then arrow down to money talks documentation. I avoid using the book reader program to read the MT docs this way, mostly because I haven't figure out all the command for the book reader program. But that's a different story.

Each heading in the mt docs discusses a certain aspect. For instance here's an example:

Quote:
New Account: Ctrl+N
New Account
To create a new account, select New from the File menu or use the New Account command.
End quote.

So when you actually are in the MT program, press ctrl plus N to create a new account.

Quote:
Account Properties: Alt+Enter
Account Properties Dialog
Each account you create contains certain characteristics known as the account's properties. These characteristics include information specific to that account. Most properties are optional, but they may help you keep track of information for that account. When you create a new account, Money Talks displays the Account Properties dialog.
End quote.

So if you want to change the values in the account properties dialog at a later time, press alt plus enter.

Then the documents talk about each of the account properties, for instance, the first one is Starting Balance, then minimum balance, then account number, followed by Institution, etc.

Regarding entering a new transaction in an account, we have:

Quote:
New Transaction: Ctrl+T
New Transaction Command
To manually add a transaction to your account, select New from the Transaction menu or press Ctrl+T. You generally add new transactions when you write a check, make a purchase with your bank card, or when you document an automatic payment that gets
deducted from your account.
When you select the New Transaction command, Money Talks shows the Transaction dialog. Since you generally have more debit transactions than credit transactions, the program assumes you want to make a debit transaction and places your cursor in the Payee field ready for you to type the name of the person or company to which you are paying. If the transaction you wish to record is a credit rather than a debit, simply press
Shift+Tab to move back to the Transaction Type control and select Credit.
End quote.

This boils down to the fact that Money Talks defaults to a debit transaction, in which you are sending money out of your account. If you are doing a credit, shift tab back to the debit/credit button, down arrow to credit and tab forward to where you were. Now you are ready to write the name of an outfit paying you money.

Then the documents talk about the various aspects of making a new transaction, starting with the Credit/Debit buttons. There is specific info about the payee/payer field, date field, item field, etc.

Hope this is of some help. Feel free to write with any questions. You will be working with the program in no time, be assured.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Keith" <bud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>