[moneytalks] Book Reader Was Re: Re: money talks documentation

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:25:19 -0500

We could probably do that, but the disk space is very minimal.

>>> ace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:15:05 AM >>>
Hello folks,

I wish that it were optional whether to install the book reader or not.

I do not use it and prefer to remove programs from my computer that I
do
not use; however, every time I reinstall Money Talks, it returns.

Thanks,

--
ace
Network Administrator of

Steve Zielinski wrote:
> [...]
> Money Talks, and use the right arrow to open the pull down menu, then

> arrow down to money talks documentation.  I avoid using the book
> reader program to read the MT docs this way, mostly because I haven't

> figure out all the command for the book reader program.  But that's a

> different story.
>
> Each heading in the mt docs discusses a certain aspect.  For instance

> here's an example:
>
> Quote:
> New Account: Ctrl+N
> New Account
> To create a new account, select New from the File menu or use the New

> Account command.
> End quote.
>
> So when you actually are in the MT program, press ctrl plus N to
> create a new account.
>
> Quote:
> Account Properties: Alt+Enter
> Account Properties Dialog
> Each account you create contains certain characteristics known as the

> account's properties.
> These characteristics include information specific to that account.
> Most properties
> are optional, but they may help you keep track of information for
that
> account.
> When you create a new account, Money Talks displays the Account
> Properties dialog.
> End quote.
>
> So if you want to change the values in the account properties dialog

> at a later time, press alt plus enter.
>
> Then the documents talk about each of the account properties, for
> instance, the first one is Starting Balance, then minimum balance,
> then account number, followed by Institution, etc.
>
> Regarding entering a new transaction in an account, we have:
>
> Quote:
> New Transaction: Ctrl+T
> New Transaction Command
> To manually add a transaction to your account, select New from the
> Transaction menu
> or press Ctrl+T. You generally add new transactions when you write a

> check, make
> a purchase with your bank card, or when you document an automatic
> payment that gets
> deducted from your account.
> When you select the New Transaction command, Money Talks shows the
> Transaction dialog.
> Since you generally have more debit transactions than credit
> transactions, the program
> assumes you want to make a debit transaction and places your cursor
in
> the Payee
> field ready for you to type the name of the person or company to
which
> you are paying.
> If the transaction you wish to record is a credit rather than a
debit,
> simply press
> Shift+Tab to move back to the Transaction Type control and select
Credit.
> End quote.
>
> This boils down to the fact that Money Talks defaults to a debit
> transaction, in which you are sending money out of your account.  If

> you are doing a credit, shift tab back to the debit/credit button,
> down arrow to credit and tab forward to where you were.  Now you are

> ready to write the name of an outfit paying you money.
>
> Then the documents talk about the various aspects of making a new
> transaction, starting with the Credit/Debit buttons.  There is
> specific info about the payee/payer field, date field, item field,
etc.

> Hope this is of some help.  Feel free to write with any questions.
> You will be working with the program in no time, be assured.
>
> Steve
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Keith" <bud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

AM

>>> Bud,
>>>
>>> Each heading in the manual explains the use of a specific command
or
>>> concept. If after reading a given section, feel free to ask
questions