[modeleng] side lever engine

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:19:18 +0100

Hi,
Hmm, I see you go for the old timer. I had a closer up pic of that one,
taken with the zoom, bad luck as it was moved and useless.
I think this is not the easiest model to build. The guide bars for the cross
head are quite slender and have to be in perfect line with the cylinder. But
it certainly is a joy to look at.
By the way the young chap, well around my age, at the Bruce stand. Anthony
Mount presents quite a selection of likewise models. Last year at the show I
bought the kit for the overhead oscillating engine. Looked nice at first
sight but really is on a to small scale for me, to much fiddling small
parts, so a doubled up version perhaps? Wonder when I get round to that.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried