[modeleng] Re: Track guage

  • From: John Baguley <baggo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:04:57 +0000

Harry,
I've often wondered how many part built locos of all gauges are still
languishing in sheds, garages, lofts, etc. There must be hundreds,
probably thousands. Very occasionally  part built Josie's, Owls,  and
Bats  appear on Ebay over here but they are few and far between. It is
amazing that locos that were once very popular can just 'disappear'
without a trace. I am sure that a lot must end up in the trash can or
skips following a house clearance because the people doing the sorting
out do not realise what they are.

There must be a lot of 2½" gauge stuff on your side of the pond hiding
somewhere as the gauge was as popular there as over here. I wonder what
became of Jimmy Josslin's original Helen Long? is it still around
somewhere? I hope so.

John