[modeleng] Re: Track guage

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:23:21 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

In a perfect world I would prefer 3.5"ga, for all the usual reasons, and the
fact that there were (are) so many attractive designs and castings available
for 3.5"ga.  I have always been perplexed though by why there was never a 57XX
Pannier design published in 3.5"ga, condsidering the popularity of both the
locomotive and the gauge.

However, in the imperfect world in which I live the only track facilities
anywhere within reasonable driving distance are 7.5"ga., hence my current
project is 7.5"ga.  Whether that one will ever be followed by another in 7.5"ga
I don't know, the next one will be in 3.5"ga and I'll worry about where to run
it when the time comes.

Cheers,
Harry