[modeleng] Re: Soft Packing

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:37:00 +1100

normally you would leave the depth of the groove a bit under the packing
thickness and then cut the packing dead to size, now roll the packed piston
on a hard, flat surface to compress it down to the level of the side of the
piston & shove it in the 'ole. If you grooves are already cut you could try
putting a ring of (say) 0.005" brass shim in the bottom of the groove.