[modeleng] Re: Shed Roofing in U K ????

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:49:29 +0100

Corrugated iron is cold when it is cold, and damnably hot when  the sub
shines on it.
As soon as it rains, you cannot hear yourself think for the noise.
It rusts away in ten minutes flat, (although, to be fair, the coated steel
stuff is OK in that respect).

It is expensive, and the coated steel is even more expensive.

Felt will last 10 to 15 years.
If laid on a reasonably thick wood base, it has some insulating properties
inbuilt in the construction.
It is cheap, well, cheap-ish.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.