[modeleng] Press Fits

  • From: Donkitson1@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:56:26 EST

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can give me some idea  with regard to press fit
tolerances, I have to press fit a silver  steel crank pin in to a cast iron
wheel. As far as I can tell the  nominal hole size is 0.750 and is already in
existence how much should I allow  for a good press fit without running the
risk of cracking the cast Iron wheel.  Or would I be better obtaining a
proprietary adhesive and using that. If so  what would you recommend, I am
fitting
crank pins to the wheels.
    Many thanks
    Don.