[modeleng] Myford ML7 motor replacement

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:56:51 +0100

Hello everyone,

A quick call for help please - I have finally decided to pension off the old
washing machine motor that my second hand ML7 came with. Although I would
like to put the original 3-phase motor that it also came with back, it would
seem that I can buy a new single phase motor cheaper than I can a 3-phase to
single phase inverter, or even the bits to make one, but I need to know what
foot the motor should have however. I can have either a B3 or a B34,
apparently, whatever that means ...

Would someone please be kind enough to steer me in the right direction and
let me know what I should be buying?

Thanks in anticipation,

TonyW.