[modeleng] Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:29:44 -0000

Is anyone going to Sandown Park 29/31st December?  I will be on the IDSME
stand on the 29th. We are the far side of the stairs, tucked in nicely but
not the easiest to find as Wilfried knows from his visit.

Have you ever made a rope?  One of our members needed rope for his steam tug
boat, couldn't find what he needed so made a rope maker.  I decided this
would be useful for scouts so I made my own, about 6 feet long.  Simple
really, just a few cogs and wheels, bits of wire etc.  Fascinating to watch
though.  It will be on the stand and anyone wanting a go is welcome.  At
least you will be able to take something useful away that you made yourself
and which cost you nothing!  Just up Tel's street.

Peter