[modeleng] Re: Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:33:28 -0600

The principle is the same as the one my Mother used to make a heavier piece
of string by twisting a single strand tightly and then doubling it back over
itself.  The string would immediately twist itself into a double strength
strand.  A guy brings a machine to Heritage Days every year and it uses
chains and sprockets on the three hooks instead of proper gearing.  Works
the same though as it twists the strands which you slide through a three
holed piece of wood and allow to twist together.

Jesse