[modeleng] Re: LNER Y4

  • From: "John Pagett" <john_pagett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:00:23 +0100

Alan,

I'm not sure if you gat a reply to this question.
The only Y4 I've seen (in 5") had dummy coal on top of the tanks. From
memory I think there were some coal rails to hold it in place. I see what
you mean about 6 1/4 cwt being a lot, when I think about the 1cwt bags of
coal which used to be delivered when I was a lad.

Cheers,

JohnP