[modeleng] Re: LBSC D3

  • From: "Lee Grant" <leegrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:06:13 +1100

Alan
I recived this e-mail from Barrie today

Hi Lee

Well, I checked out my LBSCR book (it's Vol 3 of Locomotives of the LBSCR by
DL Bradley), and it contains material on Robert Billinton's designs - 4-4-0s
etc and later big tank engines (4-6-4's) but the one which Alan is after
isn't in this volume.  Probably is in Vol 2.  These books were published in
the early 1970's by the RCTS, and back then cost about GBP1.25!  The book
gives a lot of information and data on each class of engine, and has a good
range of photographs for each class, but there are no line diagrams.

Suggest that you tell Alan that if he wants to track down this particular
source of info he could try Robert Humm and Co at Stamford Bridge, who has
an excellent bookshop for railway literature, whose catalogue often offers
out of print books such as the various RCTS volumes.

cheers B