[modeleng] Re: LBSC D3

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:33:50 -0000

To return to this topic.

Rich kindly supplied a list of books that have information / photos/drawings
of these engines.
Today I went to my local library to see if they could get one or some of
them via the inter-library system.
Unfortunately all are out so although they can get them, there will be some
considerable delay.

Does anyone here have any of them, or any other books on Southern loco's
that has drawings or data on this class of engine?
If so, could they scan the relevant pages for me please?

The books concerned are:

The locomotives of the London, Brighton & South Coast  Railway, 1839-1903
[by] F. Burtt.

The locomotives of the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway, 1903-1923 /
By J. N. Maskelyne

The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway: a mechanical history of the
London & Brighton, the London & Croydon and the London, Brighton & South
Coast Railways from 1839 to 1922, by Hamilton Ellis.

The locomotives of the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway, 1839-1903.
Locomotive Publishing Co.

The London, Brighton and south coast railway : its passenger services,
rolling stock, locomotives, gradients and express speeds / by the author of
"British  railways". Pattinson, J. Pearson

Alan