[modeleng] Re: Gossip

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:58:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Andrew Houston wrote:

> I notice, however, that David blamed her for the repeating of an article in
> two recent issues of ME with words like, "I was on holiday - - - - - left
> her in charge - - - - -  thought she could cope".

I think my thinking here is: she's made 1 mistake and how many things have
people said the current editor shouldn't have done?

She was also (I assume) doing her normal job and having to fill his shoes
at the same time. I would be tempted to again to want to see how she does
with it all set up the way she needs it set up.

I would also say that maybe people are wanting a brilliant editor, a
marvelous editor, a wonderful editor, etc, but I wonder whether all we
really want is just not a bad editor...if you see what I'm getting at, and
nothing I've seen or heard would suggest that she would be a bad editor.

The brilliant and charismatic writers are good at writers, but in all
honesty, what would have happened if LBSC was editor!!!

All the best,

Rich.