[modeleng] Fw: Re: Someone has to do it . . . . .

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:21:39 -0000

 Harry,

 >         The point is I made a personal decision
> about what I will have - I want milled square crankpin ends for the return
 > cranks.
 I'm with you here. One the great attractions of this hobby is that we can
do
 the job how we ourselves want to do it. O.K. we can seek advice but when
the
 metal gets worked it's entirely our own work. I say this having spent a
 considerable amount of my working life (in engineering) supervising
 development work, writing reports, making presentations to justify some
 procedure or other only to have some member of the hierarchy dismiss my
carefully thought out conclusions on a whim and substitute his own procedure
 based on another whim.
 But, since retirement 12 years ago - no more! Now I do it my way, if it
 works, great, if it doesn't I have only myself to blame. Life's a lot
 simpler this way.

Regards,

Barrie