[modeleng] Re: Fw: Re: Someone has to do it . . . . .

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:39:32 -0600

Harry,

It bugs me that some of the guys at Mid-South will leave their lokies
simmering in the yard while they wander off to chat with someone.
Meanwhile, the safety will let go a few times before they decide to stroll
back to the engine. I checked one that had no attendant present a couple of
years back and was about to turn on the injector when the owner finally
drifted back.  That is one of the advantages of propane firing, you can turn
off the fire if you want to wander about the meet.  Possibly my automatic
gas control valve will allow me to keep the F&S hot without popping the
safeties.  It worked perfectly in static tests last week.

Indeed, if I had a Walschaerts gear on one of my engines, I would pin the
return crank to the pin once I got it perfectly set.  Meanwhile, two of my
engines have no valve motion at all to worry about and the other three are
Stephenson's.

You gonna have the TICH chassis rolling by the meet?  You got a little over
4 weeks to get her set up so you can drag it in for bragging.

Jesse