[modeleng] Re: FW: Rail Accident Investigation: Bure Valley Railway (also 15" gauge)

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:27:31 +0100

Whilst we are on the subject - In 1976 there was a serious head on collision
on my favourite miniature railway (the Ravenglass & Eskdale). At the time I
was more interested in "other things" and never heard the full story until
quite recently when I came across this
http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/docsummary.php?docID=1588 on the net. It's
a bit of a classic accident in as much as it was caused by several  factors
coming together at one particular moment - even the hot weather (remember
1976?) was a factor.

Barrie