[modeleng] Re: Duchess Liveries

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:59:19 +0100

Rich,

That was 46223 Princess Alice. One of the "Gregson Duchesses" was a model of
this engine in the light blue colour scheme, it also has the "semi"
streamlined smokebox. I've only seen photo's of it but it's pretty obvious
why the colour scheme  wasn't adopted by B.R.
Incidentally I see the photo's of the latest King restoration show it in
this same light blue livery. I'm not one to get agitated about colour
schemes but, jeepers creepers, it looks awful to my eyes.

> Also, wasn't at least one of the class painted light blue BR experimental
> livery at one point?

Yes, some of them did.

> PS Did they run in black ever around 1940?

Regards,

Barrie