[modeleng] Re: Digital Angle Guage

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:09:04 +0100

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Shep
Verzonden: woensdag 17 december 2008 17:39
Aan: Modeleng
Onderwerp: [modeleng] Digital Angle Guage

Hi,
Long time since I posted something but I can tell from experience that
Allendale Electronics has some really wonderful stuff for us modellers.
I met them last year at Alexandra and they had some convincing promotions.
So I went home with the digital dept gauge see
http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=160
Now you, well I do, rarely need a dept gauge but . This one has a hook at
the business end. Ever tried to measure up the thickness of a ring held in
the 3-jaw ? Simply hook the business end of the gauge behind the ring and
bring up the foot against the face. Scroll down the page to the drawing with
L2 on it and it will be instant clear what I mean. Can tell you that this
one lives next to the normal calliper and sees a lot of use.
The next tempting item was the digital angle gauge. See
http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=7
Primarily intended for use on woodworking machines it to finds its use in
the ME shop. setting the angle plate on the mill is one of the uses which
springs to mind. used it also in combination with the bending machine.
I have no connection with the firm whatsoever, just a satisfied costumer.
But a stop at  their stand at Alexandra is time well spend. Just one warning
keep an eye on your credit card or it will end up a lot thinner.
Regards and seasons greetings to you all.
Wilfried Vermeiren
51 11'44.19"N, 4 30'53.66"E
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried
updated.