[modeleng] Re: Re; dropping things

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:14:24 -0600

Did you ever notice that the floors in all blacksmith shops are dirt and
never wood or concrete?  I remember the one at the GM&O's Iselin shops were
of dirt whereas the rest of the shop floors were of wooden "brick".  Hot
metal falling on dirt is not damaged nor does it cause the floor to
"explode" as it would with concrete.  The floor in my shop is basically
dirt, but there is a nice level concrete floor under the dirt or at least I
remember seeing it 35 years ago when the house was built.

Jesse in gradually warming and ice melting Troy, TN US

From: "Kenny" <kenny.macdougall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:

concrete floor that is posh

It's an old gag, but when you drop your just completed, beautifully machined
part on the concrete floor, is that what is meant by "ground finish"! Back
in my box for another 10 years! Merry Christmas to all Ian