[modeleng] Re: Conway

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:03:55 +0100

Hi Ken,

You could try opening out the blower nozzle, this will make the blower less
fierce. Also, when coasting with the blower on, open the firehole doors,
standard practice on the full size locos. This draws secondary air over the
fire reducing the pull of primary air through the fire from the damper. It
is not good practice to run with the regulator open and the firehole doors
open but does not have the serious results with a copper, silver-soldered
boiler that it does with a steel one.

Dave.