[modeleng] Re: Conway

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:19:09 -0500

At 02:56 PM 6/16/06 +0100, you wrote:
>With a full sized loco,
>Hope this helps

Dave,
     Yes, I understand how boilers of different materials are made (don't I
Alan) but I didn't realize the subject had turned to full size locos.
Perhaps the reason I hadn't heard of this problem is because over here we
have very few steam railways and even so composite (steel & copper) boilers
disappeared for the most part well over 100 years ago.  For better or worse
I've never heard it mentioned as a problem in US live steam circles, but in
general I'd prefer to have my firebox door closed.

Regards,
Harry