[modeleng] Re: Conrod boring

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:30:11 -0600

Dave,

I have always fastened my rods to the mill table and used the dials to set
the exact centre to centre distances.  I then drill and ream the holes.  On
locomotives, I have been known to cheat a bit on side rod bushing spacing by
measuring the axle centres and making the rods to fit.  Works fine, but
don't tell your friends what you did unless you have some heart medicine
handy or the phone number of the local hospital.