[modeleng] Re: Cellulose or Enamel?

  • From: "Renaud (Ron) Olgiati" <renaud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:36:25 -0400

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 15:01, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Jon Mottershaw <j.mottershaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> who wrote:

> Should I persist with cellulose (assuming no more priming) or should I
> revert to enamel?

The advantage of cellulose is that you can touch up small areas, just spray
and sand, spray and sand....
Old coach-builder told me of using up to fifteen coats of cellulose to build
up a good deep colour on cars in the old days.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
        A sense of humor keen enough to show a man his own absurdities
        will keep him from the commission of all sins, or nearly all,