[modeleng] Re: Boiler markings

  • From: "Andrew Houston" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:18:38 -0000

Hi all
The "standard format only came in, IIRC, about the same time as the Red book
and new format certificates with separate potions for Hydraulic and Steam
tests.  Before that, most in my club marked their boiler with their
post-code and a number or just a number that was unique to them - probably
the number boilers they'd built when that was first tested- eg 11SE23 2AQ
No3.

On 2013-01-09 15:51,
stepney wrote:

> It was a requirment in the Blue Book, and I think,
the one before that.
> (Was it the red book?)
>
> So, and this from
memory, about 2004 or 5 for the Blue Book, and some 7
> or 8 years
earlier, if I am right about the "red(?) Mbook.

> Alan
> MODEL
ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.

> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, send a