[modeleng] Re: Ally Pally

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:15:26 +0100

Hi,
Whoeps . had to work my way trough a pile of messages, why does it seem
there are far more when you are away ?
Anyway . First an apologies for me not showing up at the federation stand. I
( reed we ) were still in the metro, tubing hard to get there. A early
morning visit to the old and not so old stuff market at Portobello road took
a bit more time as expected and from there on Ally pally is really the other
end of town.
So by the time we arrived you lot were already back to browsing the
exhibition so we did the same.
However short the time I spend there is was not wasted. Met a few old
friends, drewled over the steamboat. ( Lucky for them it was on a trailer so
it would not float straight out of the hall !!! ) Enjoyed the models on
display and found nothing worth to spend the hard earned cash on. ( spend it
later in the evening on a much enjoyed 4 course meal, with view to the tower
bridge. )
Pity I did not meet up with you lads but will be back next year same place
... but a bit earlier.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried