Re: [MoAccess] Question about the xs editors

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 19:04:02 -0400

The editors allow you to change the settings for presets in the voice,
performance, and master modes, plus allow you to edit the mix settings
for patterns and songs. There is also a librarian program that can be
used to organize the data that is stored on the Motif. Of course, you
need to know what all of this stuff is good for, and what all of these
settings mean. The way to understand this stuff, of course, is to read
the manual. The manual breaks it down from the simple big picture kind
of concepts first, and later goes into detail about every setting.

If people don't like to read the manual, then maybe I'd think about
taking some of my time to record myself going through every settings in
each of the editors, telling about what it does and letting you hear how
it works. Of course, that would take lots of my time, and there wouldn't
be many people willing to buy it, so I'd have to charge a lot in order
to make back the time I spent in creating it. Most of the editors would
take about 10 hours of work each, and I don't feel like working on this
stuff for less than $30 per hour. There might be 10 or 15 people on this
list that would buy the tutorial, so I'd have to charge probably $30 for
each of the tutorials. So, for 4 or 5 of the editors would run you about
$150. If there are enough people interested, then I'll think about it.

Bryan