Re: [MoAccess] MoTools scripts

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:02:52 -0400

Arturas,

I've been away, so sorry for the late response.

Really great to see the improvements! Thanks for continuing to improve the
scripts!

Here are a few additional items you might want to add to the Read Me.

John has added some skipping keys to the editors, also. For example, in the
voice editor, when you open the Common LFO window, there are many controls in
there, and would take a very long time to tab through. You can press alt+1
through alt+4 (main keyboard) to jump directly to the first control of the 4
LFO destination rows. I'm not at the DAW now, but I think that this works for
the control sets window, also.

John has added additional hotkeys to the librarian for sending/receiving voices
to a memory location and/or the edit buffer. These have been available in the
total library windows for a while, but they're available in the voice library
windows now, also. I think that control+left and control+right to receive/send
an item in the total library windows are new keys. Others are coming when the
newer versions are publicly released, but you have those versions, so can check.

One last thing. In the Read Me, you say

Alt+1-8 (Not Numeric Pad) - Changes Part/Element visible parameter

Just a suggestion, but this might not be so clear to new users, and is
important. If they don't understand, they miss probably 80% or more of the
available parameters.

Try this maybe...

Alt+1-8 (main keyboard number row) - In the main window of most of the editors,
displays different groups of parameters. Different groups of parameters are
available when in the voice, drum, performance, master, and mix editors.
Additionally, different sets of parameters are available in each of the above
editors for each of the panels that you can switch between with Control+Tab.
For example, in the main panels of the voice, performance, and mix editors, you
can switch between displaying general, filter, pitch, amplifier, equalizer, and
other groups of parameters. In the arpeggiator panels of the voice,
performance, and mix editors, Alt1-5 switches between displaying Arp1 (SF1)
through Arp5 (SF5) parameters. Many groups of parameters are available. Try
Alt1-8 in the various panels of the editors to learn what is available.

Again, thanks for keeping up the great work! I'll post these on my site.

Do you have a site that I could link to?

Bryan