[missbirdphotos] Re: Link to my coot image

  • From: "Judy Howle" <howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:04:35 -0500

Robert, your photo looks too dark to me.  I checked it in the Photoshop info
panel and the lightest part of the beak is only about 240, and for those who
may not know, 255 is pure white.  I thought the coot and the water were too
dark also.  I used levels and ran the brightness slider to 242 and the gamma
(center) slider to 1.30 also. It's still darker than it looked in "real
life" but since you prefer a darker look I didn't lighten it any more. Other
than that issue it looks good!  I like vignetting but yours appears to come
in further than what I usually do, if that's what made the water so dark. I
attached my altered version.

Nice catch on it being slightly tilted; almost all of mine tilt to the right
for some reason but I didn't notice it in this one.

Judy Howle

Southern Exposures

http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com

Digital Photography Class; Resources for Photographers

http://digitalphotographyclass.net