[mira_talk] Re: highly heterozygous assembly

  • From: Adrian Pelin <apelin20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 12:31:17 -0400

Hello mira_talk,

I sent an email a few days ago attached below about highly heterozygous assemblies.

I was wondering if there is any way to adjust the parameters to warn MIRA of sample variation.

I know at one point this was discussed in one of the forum emails, but I simply cannot find the parameter in question.

Thank you all,
Adrian

On 8/10/2014 11:18 AM, Adrian Pelin wrote:
Hello,

I have analyzed my genome, and I know that about 25% of it is in a coverage that is above average, so duplicated regions.

I also know that overall, the genome has 35 SNPs/1kb, and these are heterozygous loci in a tetraploid, so the allele frequencies of these are either 25% or 50%. Aside from that there are many SNPs at low frequencies, because the data comes from multiple spores sequenced.

Any advice on tweaking the manifest file for the assembly?
Adrian