[mira_talk] Re: highly heterozygous assembly

  • From: Adrian Pelin <apelin20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:01:42 -0400

Ideally, is it possible to get MIRA to assemble only one haplotype, and not all? Also, when heterozygosity becomes complicated, contig building ends prematurely, is there a way to prevent this by warning the assembler about the rate of heterozygosity?

On 8/18/2014 3:10 PM, Bastien Chevreux wrote:
On 16 Aug 2014, at 18:31 , Adrian Pelin <apelin20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I sent an email a few days ago attached below about highly heterozygous
assemblies.
I was wondering if there is any way to adjust the parameters to warn MIRA of
sample variation.
Question remains: what do you understand by “warning”? In default mode, MIRA
will always assemble contigs according to “what was sequences”, i.e., not merge
“SNPs” or similar things in-between haplotypes.