[mira_talk] Re: fosmid assembly using mira

  • From: Rohit Ghai <ghai.rohit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:33:07 +0100

Hi

I am trying a sort of hybrid assembly. Though the mate-pairs are only in
fasta files ( all of them in the same file ).. I have no scf for these
files. I have generated sanger traceinfo file that looks like this..below is
one mate-pair ( different trace_names but same template_id )

    <trace>
       <trace_name>AFD0ABA46ZH08FM1</trace_name>
       <template_id>AFD0ABA46ZH08</template_id>
       <clip_vector_left>0</clip_vector_left>
       <clip_vector_right>0</clip_vector_right>
       <insert_size>35000</insert_size>
       <insert_stdev>7000</insert_stdev>

   </trace>
   <trace>
       <trace_name>AFD0ABA46ZH08RM1</trace_name>
       <template_id>AFD0ABA46ZH08</template_id>
       <clip_vector_left>0</clip_vector_left>
       <clip_vector_right>0</clip_vector_right>
       <insert_size>35000</insert_size>
       <insert_stdev>7000</insert_stdev>

   </trace>

The sequences themselves are in a separate fasta file.

The command line is

mira -project=aa -job=denovo,genome,accurate,sanger,454 -GE:not=10
-GE:kcim=yes  SANGER_SETTINGS  -CL:msvs=yes -ED:ace=yes -LR:mxti=yes
-LR:wqf=no -AS:epoq=no

Mira seems to run nicely but I saw the following in the output

No useful template information found, template routines will not be used.

Also, during the assembly, it mentions how many reads from sanger and 454
have been used for a contig. Several times, I saw more than 2 reads for a
contig. Ideally there should be no more than 2. Is there something wrong
with the way I have specified template information ?

cheers
Rohit