[mira_talk] Re: fosmid assembly using mira

  • From: Rohit Ghai <ghai.rohit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:51:31 +0100

Hi Bastien

thanks a lot for the new links. The usage is clear in the manual. I am
currently working with MIRA V3rc1 (aka 2.9.48). so the ssaha2 is already
being used in this version or do I have to install the one you have
suggested ?

Regardless of your comment that the paired-end section would not help, it
did help a bit in that I realised that I needed to have qual and traceinfo
files for my sanger data, which is essentially the ends of the fosmids we
sequenced. I have only fasta files (no qual etc) ,can I use dummy qual files
? ( say with a constant quality score of say 40).

Regarding the traceinfo files I have managed to cobble up the following for
the fosmid ends...here is a sample...
The sequences in the following example are a mate-pair ( as identified by
the template_id ).
The clip_vector settings are 0, as all clipping has been done before and
there is no vector to clip in these sequences.
I hope the format is alright.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<trace_volume>
   <trace>
       <template_id>AFD0ABA49ZH06</template_id>
       <trace_name>AFD0ABA49ZH06FM1</trace_name>
       <clip_vector_left>0</clip_vector_left>
       <clip_vector_right>0</clip_vector_right>
       <insert_size>35000</insert_size>
       <insert_stdev>7000</insert_stdev>
       <trace_end>F</trace_end>
   </trace>
   <trace>
       <template_id>AFD0ABA49ZH06</template_id>
       <trace_name>AFD0ABA49ZH06RM1</trace_name>
       <clip_vector_left>0</clip_vector_left>
       <clip_vector_right>0</clip_vector_right>
       <insert_size>35000</insert_size>
       <insert_stdev>7000</insert_stdev>
       <trace_end>R</trace_end>
   </trace>