[mira_talk] Re: Where is my assembly at?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:23:01 +0200

On Sep 16, 2011, at 0:08 , Artemus Harper wrote:
> Yep, that's the plan. I got a box with 512G of memory, which hopefully should
> be enough. I'm only putting in 1/7 of the data though.

A plant? Cannot really recommend MIRA for that atm. Probably too big and
riddled with repeats >100bp. No wonder 3.4.0 gets a shock.

Funny enough, I had similar problems a couple of weeks ago with a plant
transcriptome. Turns out these things are also quite nasty. I do have a
development version of MIRA in by code tree which *could* alleviate the
problems you're having (and be significantly quicker for your data set). Though
I have to admit it does sometimes take shortcuts I would not otherwise condone,
but desperate situations call for desperate measures.

Please tell if you'd like a copy of that development version.