[mira_talk] Re: Where is my assembly at?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:26:04 +0200

On Sep 21, 2011, at 21:44 , Artemus Harper wrote:
> Well I let is continue to run. But it looks like it finally died on its own:
> [68911] aaaaa+a+aa++++++++++s+a+++a+aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasas+aaa++++saassa   11752
>   77917 / 2076 / 1333
> [68933] +++asas+ssss+aaa+aaa+aa+a+++a++a+ass+a++a+a+a++a+aaaaaaBus error

Bus error? What is a bus error? Did you by any chance make a screenshot of
"top" or similar ? I'd be interested how that poor thing handled >>100m reads.
It's a pity you did not have the output redirected to a file though ... a
couple of things would have given me clues to where the next bottlenecks could
be.

> Have you been able to get a version of mira that might have a better shot at
> plant genomes up yet?

I'm still on it right now. The data sets I am currently working with at work
showed me a couple bugs in my overlap reduction logic and I am busy
implementing them.

Will get back to you asap.