[mira_talk] Re: Mira says "killed" as last word after being almost done

  • From: Phillip San Miguel <pmiguel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:32:21 -0400

On 5/12/2011 10:56 AM, Adrian Pelin wrote:
I have checked, no such log file was produced. MIRA was called with the following command:

mira --fastq --project=gigaspora -proout=gigaspora_denovo --job=denovo,genome,accurate, 454,solexa SOLEXA_SETTINGS -GE:tismin=50:tismax=350;tpbd=1 >& log_hybdn.txt

log_hybdn.txt is an empty file 0 bytes.

I use tcsh -- and that redirect would work fine -- stdout and stderr would go to log_hybdn.txt. I use this, background the job and then tail -f the log file. mira always immediately produces output there.

You don't happen to have a file called "&" in that directory, do you? I mean, in case the shell decided you wanted to direct stdout to a file "&".

--
Phillip