[mira_talk] Re: GAP4 edition!!

  • From: Sharmista Saha <sharmistasaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:06:59 +0530

Thanks a lot Bastein,
for the reply and the site.
*
For gap4da, this is done also if 454 or Solexa technologies are
used:*

Actually I have million data of illumina/solexa unpaired reads. So I should
expect to get atleast that file too on complete assembly, right? Then is
something wrong has taken place you doubt?? what is it, if you can relate.

Cheers!!

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Montag 30 November 2009 Sharmista Saha wrote:
> > Actually my assembly did not result bchoc_out.gap4da: and bchoc_out.txt;
> >  and bchoc_out.html, files.
> > as it is mentioned in the manual.
>
> Creation of HTML and TXT are switched off in the default "--job=" quick
> switches. For gap4da, this is done also if 454 or Solexa technologies are
> used: you simply don't want millions EXP files in a directory, you're
> computer
> would really not like that. The same applies for multi-gigabyte text or
> HTML
> files.
>
> > Does this means I need to download gap4
> > externally, if so then how can I further use it to work?
>
> To import into gap4, use caf2gap. Works very well.
>
> > Since gap5 has also been out. so, which will be more useful and how?
>
> Never worked with gap5 yet, I need to do that soon.
>
> Regards,
>  Bastien

Sharmistha Saha,