[mira_talk] Re: Compiling MIRA 3.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow L

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:58:44 +0100

On Donnerstag 18 März 2010 Craig Marshall wrote:
> Hi Peter and Bastien,
>
> We've compiled MIRA3.0.3 (and the whole 3.x.x set of programs) without
>  problems. We did have problems of these kinds in earlier versions of MIRA
>  and these related to units of the program and elements of the libraries
>  using the same names. Bastien fixed these as part of the 3.0.0 upgrade.
>
> One thing to note is that the developer tools are apparently not installed
>  by default when you upgrade to Snow Leopard and have to be explicitly
>  installed. That did cause some interesting problems when we first tried to
>  compile MIRA after upgrading to Snow Leopard, and it might be worth
>  checking in your case.

Craig, I cannot thank you enough for that info, because I honestly don't know
what I would have changed in the build process between .0 and .1.

Would it be possible to write a short notice on what you did to get things
running? I think that would help a few people out ... Peter in the first place
:-)