[mira_talk] Re: Compiling MIRA 3.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow L

  • From: Erik Rudloff <erikbong@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:35:12 +0100

Maybe distribute a compiled version that is working on 10.6.2??

Regards

Erik
On 19 mar 2010, at 11.38, Peter wrote:

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Donnerstag 18 März 2010 Craig Marshall wrote:
Hi Peter and Bastien,

We've compiled MIRA3.0.3 (and the whole 3.x.x set of programs) without problems. We did have problems of these kinds in earlier versions of MIRA and these related to units of the program and elements of the libraries using the same names. Bastien fixed these as part of the 3.0.0 upgrade.

One thing to note is that the developer tools are apparently not installed by default when you upgrade to Snow Leopard and have to be explicitly installed. That did cause some interesting problems when we first tried to
 compile MIRA after upgrading to Snow Leopard, and it might be worth
 checking in your case.

Thanks Craig & Peter S,

To clarify, I updated a Leopard (OS X 10.5) machine to Snow Leopard
(OS X 10.6) and reinstalled XCode including the SDK for older versions
of the OS (this has been reported to be useful in other contexts), before
installing BOOST and MIRA3 from source.

Could you clarify how you installed BOOST, and which expat and libz
you are using (in particular the one from BOOST or not)?

Bastien wrote:
Craig, I cannot thank you enough for that info, because I honestly don't know
what I would have changed in the build process between .0 and .1.

It is odd that Craig & Peter S report no problems with 3.0.0 and 3.0.x, while for me 3.0.0 worked but not 3.0.1, 3.0.2 or 3.0.3. I'll see if I work out why...

Thanks,

Peter C