[minima] Re: 32Mhz IF frequency?

  • From: Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:37:59 -0800

Ashhar:
I think a good candidate mixer is the KISS Mixer designed by Chris Trask. It uses a FSA3157 SPDT switch and a single transformer with no adjustments. Performance is said to be equal to the H-Mode mixer which uses 3 transformers or one simple transformer and 1 complicated transformer. His paper is at
<http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/146369/Mixer_Musings.pdf>

Dave - WB6DHW
<http://wb6dhw.com>

On 12/6/2014 12:06 PM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
we could use two back to back diodes in each leg of a singly balanced mixer. i am attaching a proposed circuit.

- f

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:arvid.evans@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Polyakov mixer is interesting because the LO input is at half the
    operating
    frequency, thus helping to minimize LO leakage into preceding stages.
    Other than that it can be constructed in almost any standard mixer
    configuration as long as the switching happens on both halves of
    the LO
    cycle.  Not sure if it is good or bad as mixers go...just
    different from what
    we usually see in ham construction.

    Arv
    _._

    On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Jerry Gaffke
    <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    wrote:

        If the polyakov mixer has performance issues of some sort, we
        could go back to a standard second mixer and divide the BFO by
        two (or four) before feeding it to the Arduino.  If using an
        Si5351, we could use a third output to drive the Arduino.  So
        the Si5351 can switch mixer LO's as NT7S was exploring, and
        any divider needed to feed the Arduino (or other uC) is also
        nicely hidden inside the Si5351.  OK I'll try to shut up.
        Jerry, KE7ER

        On Saturday, December 6, 2014 9:23 AM, Jerry Gaffke
        <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Polyakov. My apologies to Vladimir, and to all you googlers as
        well.
        Jerry, KE7ER

        On Saturday, December 6, 2014 7:45 AM, Jerry Gaffke
        <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote
        After a quick google search for what the heck a Polykahov
        mixer is,