[macvoiceover] Re: regarding garage band

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:00:41 -0400

How do I pull up the list of saxophones and begin to play them?
On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Lewis Brock wrote:

Dont get me wrong david

I have road tested this application in multiple modes from basic two track audio to recommended maximum methods etc. so basically navigating through track names and numbers will be a problem

please dont be funny with me about this. guys like me, slau and others who have been in this kind of audio environment know the strengths, weaknesses and more of given applications.

garage band is good for basic podcasting, midi and audio recording but it would be advised that you use a midi keyboard and midi control surface for mixing, pan assignments etc. I have tested all this out on my production rig here in my studio with different hardware and yes tracks respond to midi control change data for volume, pan and track arm etc. so basically here is the mmain level. you're forgetting that this product was initially designed for sighted users to be able to do MOUSE based editing and interaction and not multiple keystrokes etc with voiceover. editing midi blocks, audio blocks etc either requires mouse work or creation of locate points per section. these locate points are saved so you can go to each track point to edit with.

lew

On 10 Mar 2008, at 17:29, David Poehlman wrote:

This doesn't cut it. not everyone wants to do 16 simultanious tracks. some want to do podcasts, some want to set instraments and save them. there are many different uses for gb so before you rain, take a step back, scale down
and punch it again please?