[macvoiceover] Re: question for you about braille: was: Re: cereproc voices

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 05:15:56 -0500

you can have things not be abreviated and what I miss in speech is the spatial
layout.  for instance in programming, it is important to know how a source is
layed out or in a table, it is important to be able to follow columns.  this is
done more easily in braille than in speech.  I used braille on the windows
platform but like it lots better on the mac.

On Nov 13, 2009, at 5:09 AM, anouk radix wrote:

Hello, Well its difficult to explain really, i just get a more global feel and
things that are abbreviated in braille get spoken when i use speech. Also I do
not use the braille cursor because it irritates me when I am reading through
text to have a whole line of dot 7 and 8 below my text so with speech i better
know what is selected at the moment and this also goes for links on webpages if
I am navigating a page. Also on the internet braille doesnt always seem to
track well. I am subscribed to a forum called head-fi and while I can navigate
the page if i use item chooser and web rotor a lot, if i try to read individual
messages that are long than I cant read them with my braille display because
after reading one paragraph it goes back to the beginning of the post instead
of continuing to read it. I can read it if I use item chooser to read the whole
page but this is rather time consuming and irritating.
Greetings, Anouk