[macvoiceover] Re: keyboards

  • From: Ray Foret Jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:35:07 -0600

Well Mary,

First of all, my Mac Book Pro keyboard doesn't appear to have they key you're
talking about.  You see, My unit has no built in Number keypad; so, I have a
USB driven number keypad which I sometimes use or not depending on how I feel
at the moment.  On my keyboard, there's only one control key; on the left side.
 That makes it a little annoying to use key strokes like control+VO+t for
moving from table to table or the shift versions of those keys.  What I do for
now is just cross my right hand under my left and press the control key with my
right index finger.  Sure, I could, if I really wanted to, use a USB full
keyboard, but, I'm not
 to do that.
I do hope you'll like your Mac when you get it.  I know I had to go through
quite a learning curve but I love mine.  I haven't obtained the level of
proficiency that some others here have, but, I do believe I made the right
decision to switch.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

E-Mail: