[macvoiceover] Re: jaws and vista with paralells:

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:05:56 -0400

I don't use windows in the Mac environment because boot camp sets up a dual
boot so you are running pure windows.  I use the internet a lot on the Mac
side, more than Jaws and I was a Jaws user for 14 years before I started
using the Mac.  One of the myths about voice over is it doesn't work well on
the web.  In fact, the biggest problem with using the Mac on the web has
more to do with the site biass toward ie than with the ability to use
VoiceOver with safari on the web.
Voice over is built into the operating system so we are still using the
original voiceover that began with osx.4 and which has been updated along
with each update of the os.