[macvoiceover] can't qaccess itunes library following update yesterday

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:51:29 -0700

Hi all,

Yesterday, I updated my Mac running Snow Leopard to the latest iTunes,
plus I got the big security update. Now, when I try to open iTunes, I
get an error message saying that the itunes library.idl file can't be
opened because it was created with a newer version of iTunes than the
one I have. I'm offered the chance to download iTunes. I say yes, and
software update checks for new software and informs me that I'm up to
date, so there is nothing to download. I have checked the disk and
repaired permissions and rebootted. Still getting the same message. Has
anybody had this, and what can I do about it? I do have a time machine
back up, but to be quite honest, I have not had much luck trying to
actualy interact with it and don't know which files to restore, i.e.
can I just find and restore  an older version of itunes and thus force
software update to offer me the new one again? Or are there hidden
things that would also have to be checked and changed in order for this
problem to be solved.

Mary