[macvoiceover] Re: abbby has realesed a version for mac

  • From: "Russell Solowoniuk" <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:18:31 -0600

    Hi all,

This message was posted to the list a while back, and I didn't see any
I'm wondering what scanning/OCR software people are using?  Has anyone tried
abby for the Mac?  Is ReadIris the way to go?  I contacted Nuance, but they
told me they don't have an up  to date version for the Mac.  I just updated my
OmniPage for Windows recently for $99, and asked the guy at Nuance if I could
purchase the Mac version they have for the $99 upgrade price, but he tole me
I'd have to purchase a  full version at a cost of $499.  That's more than I
wish to spend on an OCR app.

Thanks for any advice on this.