[macvoiceover] Re: abbby has realesed a version for mac

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:43:43 -0500

Yeah, the problem is that I spent quite a bit of money for Abbyy which I like, and even though I used the trial version of readiris before they went to that weird demo system I'm not convinced that it's as good a s Abbyy plus I'd have to pay for vuescan on top of it. Plus the less expensive version of readiris only allows you to do 50 pages together if I remember correctly which is kind of pain if you are doing a long book. On the other hand, if Abbyy were to come up with something on the Mac equivalent to their Windows version and I didn't have to have vuescan too, I'd eventually consider buying it. after all that, I might eventually break down and buy readiris just to try to get out of using Windows to scan, but I'd probbly wait till I can afford the more expensie version.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,